And the Journey Begins...

I depart for Africa on December 26th 2008 for an amazing adventure of a culture that is beyond anything I have ever experienced. My adventure begins in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania for only one day and then I depart for Moshi, where I hope to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro in 8 days!! (Words I never thought I would utter!) Mid-Jan I begin a 56-day overland tour of east and southern Africa. I will be bush-camping most of the time and laying eyes on animals only seen on Nat Geo!! I've been looking forward to this adventure since three of my friends went on a similar trip earlier this year! I hope you will follow me on my African Adventure by visiting this blog. Please feel free to comment on my blogs as I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks to my family and friends for supporting me in the planning process of this incredible opportunity!

See you in '09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Of Luck! and SUMMIT! SUMMIT! SUMMIT!
I'll try and do the stairmaster at the gym to kind of feel your pain:) Love ya, Becca

katiekat said...

I just read your blog titled "The End..." and all I have to say is: "Amen, sister!!" I know what you mean...travelling becomes a way of life! I've found that it has become my definition of self. There's so much to explore...I can't wait to hear about your African adventures!! As always, stay safe and LIVE IT UP!! haha

btw, I'm happy to have shared the experience of having a great time OUTSIDE the hostel in Xi'an during the earthquake scare...it was a good group to have during such a tense time! haha!

Keep living the dream...I hope one day in our travels we will meet again! :D

ps - Mt. Kilamanjaro? That's amazing! Sending you wishes of warm clothes and oxygen tanks :D YOU CAN DO IT!! :D

kristie said...

Manali- i am so excited for you and can't wait to follow along thru your blog and pictures! Sorry we didn't get together before you left but hope to see you when you return. have a safe trip! Kristie

Unknown said...

Manali! Good luck to you on your travels. You are one amazing woman, you know that? Am looking forward to reading your blog. Will be checking back often. Stay safe and have lotsa fun, as I know you will. :-)