Kanchanaburi: waterfalls and elephants!!

My second weekend in Thailand I spent in Kanchanaburi. I joined a tour group and rode elephants (for the second time), floated on bamboo rafts down the river, trekked about 1-2 miles to reach the seventh tier of Erawan Waterfalls, rode on a train on the Death Railway and checked out the view on the Bridge over River Kwai!! The elephants were great...again...this time no kisses from them!! The highlight: Erawan Waterfalls!! Just an amazing feat of nature!! Incredible views at each tier. Our group trekked up rocks and over muddy paths of rain water to reach the most spectacular tier!! The water was crystal clear and you could see the fishes swimming right by you, although some liked to stop for a little nibble! I dunked my new eyes under the waterfall and it felt awesome!! Yes I was really looking at life from a new perspective...I just can't get over what I see everyday here in Thailand!!
That evening I rejoined my fellow tourists and met up for dinner and drinks! We bar hopped for a while and then ended up hitching a ride in the back of a pickup truck (10 of us) to a dance club! We danced the night away to Thai music and some 50 cent! We had a blast!! After da club we hitched another ride back to our guesthouse, this time about 20 of us!! I don't know how we accrued 10 more, but it was great!! We hit up the 7-11 for another drink and chilled out at a Thai guy's restaurant for the rest of the night!! What a weekend!!!

No comments: